The Climate Commission, launched in November by GuildHE, AoC, EAUC and Universities UK aims to achieve rapid and positive change that enables universities and colleges to contribute fully to tackling the climate crisis, recognising the different approaches which may be taken and in the context of delivering the Sustainable Development Goals.
Over the next six months, the Climate Commission will hold virtual evidence gathering events, focusing on each of the priorities. The Climate Commission Council are invited to attend all events. More information can be found here.
The Climate Commission Evidence Gathering Events:
• Friday 6th March 1300-1430: Priority 1-Mobilising the Further and Higher Education voice for influence and impact –
• Tuesday 24th March 1300-1430: Priority 2 – Research and Innovation
• Wednesday 29th April 1300-1430: Priority 3 – Scope 3 –
• Tuesday 19th May 1000-1130: Priority 4 – Deep Adaptation –
• Tuesday 2nd June 1500-1630: Priority 5 – Education and Student Experience
Post by this Author:
- University and college leaders launch 12-month bid to find ways to combat climate emergency
- UK higher education’s ‘deep commitment’ to high quality transnational education
- Higher Education 2022 – Priorities for Government
- Brexit Readiness Roadshows in October
- Excellence & Impact at the Heart of the Launch of GuildHE Research