Vacancy: Events & Admin Officer
GuildHE are seeking candidates for the role of Events and Admin Officer to commence from August 2019.
In this role you will support the smooth running of internal and external events, and support GuildHE office administration.
Salary: in range £22,000-£25,000 including London Weighting
Working pattern: Full-time (35 hour week), Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Location: Based in central London but with occasional UK-wide travel
Reports to: Deputy CEO
To run GuildHE’s programme of events and support the efficient administration of the organisation.
- To have day-to-day responsibility for arranging and supporting GuildHE’s events;
- To be responsible for the scheduling of and arrangements for the GuildHE Network meetings, including GuildHE Research and ukadia;
- To lead on the Annual Conference planning;
- To manage the room hire of GuildHE’s meeting rooms;
- To be responsible for ‘front of house’ activities at GuildHE (including email and telephone enquiries with assistance from staff as appropriate);
- To manage the CEO’s diary;
- To distribute GuildHE’s communications content, including member briefings, consultation responses and reports across a range of channels;
- To support GuildHE’s communications including website management, key contacts lists managements, email distribution and social media;
- To generate and maintain financial records including bank reconciliation, purchasing and invoicing;
- To work as part of a small and highly professional team at GuildHE;
- To adhere to GuildHE’s policies and procedures;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.
The successful candidate will have had some experience of events management and administration. In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Self-motivated and well-organised with a high level of personal and professional skills;
- Able to work to deadlines, and to anticipate issues and problems;
- Ability to plan and prioritise;
- Willingness to work flexibly, when and where necessary;
- An excellent team player who enjoys being part of a small team and is able to work to their own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people including senior stakeholders in institutions;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector;
- Experience of events planning and delivery;
- Experience of diary management;
- Experience of managing financial records;
- Experience of using software packages – MS Office, G Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp and Xero.
GuildHE is an officially recognised representative body for UK Higher Education. Our members include universities, university colleges, further education colleges and specialist institutions from both the traditional and private (“for profit” and “not for profit”) sectors. Member institutions include some major providers in professional subject areas including art, design and media, music and the performing arts; agriculture and food; the built environment; education; maritime; health and sports.
This post is within the small dynamic team based in central London, which provides policy support to GuildHE’s members and promotes their interests to a wide audience. The office team also develops briefings, guidance and opportunities for members and their staff to share good practice.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Dee Easter, Head of Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 27 June 2019.
Interviews will be held in London on Tuesday 10 July 2019.