GuildHE is holding a conference on Active Citizenship jointly with NUS, Monday 13th March at Woburn House, London.
Keynote speakers include:
– Wes Streeting MP
– Professor Margaret House, Vice Chancellor, Leeds Trinity University
– Robbiie Young, Vice President (Society and Citizenship), NUS
The conference builds on the joint GuildHE/NUS report on active citizenship that we launched at the GuildHE Annual Conference. You can read a summary and download the full report here.
The conference ‘More Than Just a Degree? Active Citizenship in HE’ will explore the themes running through the report in more depth with both institutions and students’ unions, and encourage them to work in partnership to develop their students as active citizens. Themes include volunteering, democratic engagement, environmental sustainability and global citizenship.
The event is aimed at colleagues in both institutions and students’ unions and we would ask that you invite any relevant colleagues.
Representatives of GuildHE member institutions and all students’ unions – £0.
Representatives of other institutions – £30.
If you would like to attend this event, please complete the booking form, and send it to Jack Fleming, Project Officer: email@example.com.
Post by this Author:
- Jack Fleming
- New Report – GuildHE Members’ views of the Student Visa System
- Practice-Informed Learning: The Rise of the Dual Professional
- GuildHE responds to the House of Lords Select Committee on Citizenship and Civic Engagement
- Practitioner-teachers – the value of dual professionals