GuildHE CEO, Alice Hynes commented on the statement on student grants.
"GuildHE members will be pleased to see support for lower income families is being secured by the additional funding from DIUS for grant aid – this is critical if more of those from widening participation backgrounds are to be encouraged to take an HE course. If additional student numbers are to be contained to cover costs it will be important to ensure they are responding to national and regional needs".
Post by this Author:
- A chill wind blows: GuildHE response to the Grant letter from Lord Mandelson to HEFCE
- GuildHE responds to plans for £180 million of cuts in higher education
- Willetts promises 10,000 extra student places
- GuildHE UUK joint statement on additional cost transparency
- Grant letter from John Denham to HEFCE