GuildHE Project Officer Vacancy
To coordinate and manage various policy projects and external communications, as well as general office and administrative support across the range of GuildHE activities.
- To have day-to-day responsibilities for a range of office management activities, including administrative support, room booking management and other facilities support.
- To project manage the organisation of the Annual Conference and various policy projects including reports, and dissemination activities.
- Support external communications through producing the monthly GuildHE newsletter and Twitter page.
- To be responsible for ‘front of house’ activities at GuildHE (including incoming mail, telephone and email enquiries with assistance from all staff as appropriate).
- To generate and maintain financial records on the online Xero system including banking, bank reconciliation, purchasing and invoicing.
- To provide diary support to the CEO.
- To provide support for the annual audit.
- To work as part of a small and highly professional team at GuildHE.
- To act on behalf of GuildHE in accordance with its policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.
Person Specification: Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Self-motivated and well-organised with a high level of personal and professional skills.
- Able to work to deadlines, to prioritise work and to anticipate major issues and problems.
- Willingness to work flexibly, when and where necessary.
- An excellent team player who enjoys being part of a small team and able to work to his/her initiative.
- Confident communicator and able to relate to a wide range of people including senior stakeholders in institutions, government and the media.
- Excellent ICT and administrative skills, including finance management and other knowledge systems.
- Previous relevant experience in an office management and/or administrative role with an eye for detail.
- Interest in, and understanding of, higher education and keen to work in a policy environment
- A good level of general education (Degree or equivalent desirable if not essential)
Salary and Benefits
To be appointed on the HE salary spine on range Point 10 £17,703 to Point 14 £19,828 pa plus £3,851 London Weighting
Based in a central London location. 25 days leave per year.
Line manager: Deputy Chief Executive
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: Monday 5th December 2016. Interviews will be held: Tuesday 13th December 2016.
GuildHE is committed to promoting equal opportunities and aims to ensure that no prejudice or discrimination is shown towards particular individuals or groups on the grounds of race, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.