Today GuildHE issued the following statement on fire safety.
Further to the tragic events at Grenfell Tower on 14th June, our members are taking immediate steps to re-assess fire safety at all buildings, particularly residential accommodation. Student safety is always paramount, and the current checks build on the strong foundations set by our ongoing procedures and safeguards. Any risks are being dealt with. Universities have been asked to report on these issues to DfE / HEFCE by 5th July.
Post by this Author:
- PRESS RELEASE: GuildHE welcomes the HEPI and Norwich University of the Arts report “A crisis in the creative arts in the UK?”
- Making Student Engagement a Reality: Turning Theory into Practice
- PRESS RELEASE: GuildHE responds to the 2017 National Student Survey
- GuildHE responds to Lord Stern’s Review
- GuildHE responds to Civil Society Strategy Consultation