The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee are consulting on the interplay between the UK Government science budget, the development of the industrial Strategy, and the implications of the recently announced Knowledge Exchange Framework.
Responding, GuildHE welcomed the industrial strategy’s emphasis on ensuring economic growth is shared across the UK and highlighted the important role small and specialist institutions can play in local economies. GuildHE also raised concerns that the current ‘challenge areas’ have remained on ‘safe’ ground, where a bolder approach could be beneficial. You can read the full response here.
Post by this Author:
- GuildHE Responds: Fourth Industrial Revolution Inquiry
- GuildHE responds to the Industrial Strategy Green Paper consultation
- GuildHE Responds: REF 2021 draft guidance and criteria consultation
- GuildHE Responds to Subject-level TEF consultation
- GuildHE Responds to the House of Lords EU Select Committee Consultation – Brexit: Deal or No Deal