The Home Office has commissioned the Migration Advisory Committee to consult on the impact of EEA-workers in the UK labour market.
GuildHE has worked in coordination with colleagues in UCEA and Universities UK to emphasise the key role played by EEA workers in the UK higher education sector, as well as the wider contributions of EEA nationals to the UK economy and society. GuildHE has also highlighted that a changing relationship with the EU gives the UK an opportunity to develop a more effective, streamlined immigration system.
GuildHE’s full response to the consultation can be read here.
GuildHE’s response to the Migration Advisory Committee’s international students consultation can be found here.
Post by this Author:
- GuildHE responds to the Migration Advisory Committee International Students Commission
- GuildHE Responds to Subject-level TEF consultation
- GuildHE Responds: REF 2021 draft guidance and criteria consultation
- GuildHE responds to T Levels consultation
- GuildHE Responds: A new approach to regulating access and participation in English higher education