The Home Office has commissioned the Migration Advisory Committee to assess the impact of international students in the UK.
GuildHE has worked in coordination with colleagues in Universities UK to highlight the valuable social, economic and cultural contributions of international students in the UK. . GuildHE has also advocated for a student immigration system which is more accessible to smaller HEIs.
GuildHE’s full response to the consultation can be read here.
GuildHE’s response to the Migration Advisory Committee’s earlier consultation on EEA workers can be found here.
Post by this Author:
- GuildHE responds to the Migration Advisory Committee consultation: EEA-workers in the UK labour market
- GuildHE Responds: A new approach to regulating access and participation in English higher education
- GuildHE calls for immigration £21,000 salary threshold
- MAC Consultation Response
- New Report – GuildHE Members’ views of the Student Visa System