Vacancy: Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
GuildHE are seeking candidates for a part-time maternity cover position as Operations Manager to commence from August 2019.
In the role you will support the smooth running of the GuildHE office including Finance, HR, Audit and events responsibilities.
Part time, 28 hours per week (0.8 FTE), Maternity Cover
FTE Salary in range £35,000 – £40,000 including London Weighting
Annual leave: 20 days annually (25 days pro rata at 0.8 FTE)
Location: based in Central London but involving occasional travel
Line manager: Deputy Chief Executive
To ensure the smooth running and efficient administration of the organisation.
- Operational Management – working with the team to ensure smooth running of office and relevant contracts;
- Financial Management – working with the Financial Advisor and Events and Admin Officer to manage the finances, carry out relevant checks, and keep the financial records of GuildHE and its sub-associations in good order;
- Resources – management of GuildHE assets and ensuring necessary equipment, software and facilities are in place;
- Governance – administration of the charity and relevant updates to Charities Commission and Companies House, updating organisational policies;
- Board Administration and Support, including preparing agenda, papers and minutes;
- Supporting the GuildHE Council events and Annual Conference;
- HR – Staff records, HR system and pensions records;
- Primary contact for GuildHE Human Resources and Alumni Networks for Heads of HR and alumni at member institutions – work with Chair to agree agenda, attend meetings and facilitate online discussion forum;
- Support the production of reports and publications;
- Represent GuildHE at meetings and events as appropriate;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be required.
GuildHE is an officially recognised representative body for UK Higher Education. Our members include universities, university colleges, further education colleges and specialist institutions from both the traditional and private (“for profit” and “not for profit”) sectors. Member institutions include some major providers in professional subject areas including art, design and media, music and the performing arts; agriculture and food; the built environment; education; maritime; health and sports.
This post is within the small dynamic team based in central London, which provides policy support to GuildHE’s members and promotes their interests to a wide audience. The office team also develops briefings, guidance and opportunities for members and their staff to share good practice.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Dee Easter, Head of Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 27 June 2019.
Interviews will be held in London on Friday 12 July 2019.