The higher education representative body GuildHE congratulates the University for the Creative Arts for winning a coveted award at a ceremony in London last night.
UCA, one of Europe’s leading art & design institutions, swept up the Times Higher Education Award for Excellence and Innovation in the Arts at the event attended by over 1,000 people from the HE world, including the Higher Education Minister, David Lammy.
Commenting on UCAs success, GuildHE Chief Executive, Alice Hynes said:
“The THE Awards are like the Oscars of higher education, and competition to win one gets tougher every year. GuildHE is delighted and proud to see one of its members join the winners circle and extends warm congratulations to UCA staff for this significant achievement”.
The Award went to UCA for a project set up to offer opportunities to young people affected by HIV in South Africa.
For more details click here
Post by this Author:
- Double win for GuildHE institutions at Times Higher Awards
- Report on Widening Access to highly selective universities
- Conservative claims of missed opportunities for students
- Gold for the Royal Agricultural College at top national awards
- A chill wind blows: GuildHE response to the Grant letter from Lord Mandelson to HEFCE